Sunday 18 April 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANN




This birthday card is for a very special lady who I have been very good friends with for about 20 years. Ann and I first met at work Ann worked in the Community Psychiatric Nursing Service and I worked for Social Services in the same department, we hit it off and became very firm friends.

I don't see much of her and her husband now as when they retired they moved to Dumfries & Galloway in Scotland a beautiful place. I have spent many happy holidays there.

Ann's husband Raymond takes you on sight seeing tours and you never know were you are going to end up, some days travelling miles and miles in the car looking at all the beautiful scenery.

We also find lots of old book shops as we both have a love of reading and spend hours browsing the old shops in quaint little towns. That was a lovely trip down memory lane, think I will have to go visit soon.

Now back to the card, the papers I have used is from the My Minds Eye, Wild Asparagus range, I am loving this range, all from RWS thank you for stocking the Tracey. The flowers are from my stash but from RWS also, I remember seeing the small green flowers before they went on sale and wanted to buy them there and then, which I did and I think they match perfectly. The image is from the kanban range and is just perfect for my friend Ann. I have just put some lace around it to lift it a bit.

Thank you for reading

Lorraine xxx

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous card, the pretty colours and elegant design are perfect for such a special friend, and I love the touch of lace - so pretty and feminine TFS XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tracey I always welcome your comment you being such a beautiful crafter, your card are always beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card looks like your comming back now, sounds like your ready for a little trip & it would do you good get those bags packed & go. anyway I love your colours & everything looks like they were made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matches perfectly Lozza, get you!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete