Sunday 7 March 2010

WHIFF OF JOY CHALLENGE








This is my card for the Whiff Of Joy Challenge. I have stamped one of the City Girls again. I have used distress inks to paint the image. I have used Vintage Photo & Antique Linen for the hair. Not sure what the dress is painted in because Tracey lent me some.

The backing paper is old stock, trying to use some up, but finding it difficult to find just what I want, which is a good excuse to keep buying. I always see just what I want in the shop and have to buy it.

I have also had the flowers for a long time so just inked the flower in the centre to give the color I wanted.

The card is finished off with gems and the usual charm.

I am going to give this card to a friend for her birthday.

Thanks for reading

Lorraine xxx

8 comments:

  1. this is a nice card the background looks like its from that book we got from the "Dark Zone",your friend will really like this.( i've put your charms on my shopping list let meknow if you don't want them).Did I say how clever your getting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    The painting is lovely, the image and embellies are all yummy!

    Good luck in the challenge see you soon.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Lorraine!!!! The dress is coloured with Frayed Burlap!

    Love the flowers and charm!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a lovely card!!
    Thanks for joining us at WOJ challenge.

    Hugs
    Giò

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Lorraine, love the way you have achieved all the colours of coffee and cream, good luck in the challenge, see you next week XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card love the stamp and all the other goodies on there good luck with the challenge.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for all your lovely comments, they are really appriciated. I think I had a memory block with the color thanks Helena for reminding me xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab..u.. lous again lol!!

    ReplyDelete